A Conditional Six-Pack
GRAND RAPIDS — The city reported that Gallium Group LLC hasn’t met any of a half-dozen conditions included in a one-year option the development firm holds to purchase City Hall, Calder Plaza and the Government Center parking ramp.
The option is good until the end of October.
Blue Bridge Ventures LLC of Grand Rapids and Houston-based Hines Interests LP formed the Gallium Group.
Here are those conditions:
- Create a purchase agreement for the current City Hall.
- Gain a site for a replacement City Hall and parking.
- Create a purchase agreement for a replacement City Hall and parking.
- Define the construction and renovation process.
- Acquire the Kent County Administration Building.
- Amend Public Act 99.
Source: City of Grand Rapids, June 2003.