- change ups
Other Area UCB Recipients Listed
The Grand Rapids Chamber Foundation got the grant on behalf of the Neighborhood Business Specialist Program.
The money will be used to beautify the northeast corner of 28th Street and South Division Avenue.
The project is a collaborative effort between the cities of Grand Rapids and Wyoming, the Burton Heights and Division Avenue business associations, MDOT, the Wyoming DDA, the Norfolk Southern Railroad, ITP, and NBSP.
In all, the UCB handed out 23 grants worth $390,000 last week.
Winning projects had to have an impact across municipal boundaries, affect regional cooperation and/or eliminate regional disparities.
A few other grant winners, the award amounts and projects were:
- Interurban Transit Partnership — $20,000 for a long-term transit study.
- REGIS — $17,000 for a computerized regional geographic information system.
- GR Chamber Foundation — $7,500 for Leadership Grand Rapids.
- GROW — $10,000 for the Minding Your Own Business program.
- GVMC — $40,000 for planning document Blueprint II.
- GVMC — $25,000 for natural resource management.
- MSU Extension — $3,000 for farmland preservation.
Of the $390,000 awarded last week, $272,000 was for new grants. The remaining $118,000 went toward multi-year grants that the board announced last year.