- change ups
The Lab Learning Breakdown
Here is how the six are divided:
- Nursing Assessment — two of these give nursing students a clinical environment to practice clinical skills. Rooms 307 and 309.
- Hospital Simulation — replicates a hospital environment that includes an intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, an isolation ward and others. Room 313.
- Standard Patient Suite — exam rooms, a monitoring room and a waiting area to teach diagnostic skills on live patients. Room 311.
- Custer Ergonomics Lab — used to teach and research human factors and occupational health in a number of work environments. Room 353.
- Keeler Home Health Lab — a simulated apartment that teaches students how to help patients with daily living skills. Room 371.
On the second level, the Leslie E. Tassell floor, is a pair of Saur Assessment Labs.
Here, physical therapy and physician assistant students learn to perform and practice physical examinations. Rooms 253 and 255.