Companies Are Best, Brightest
HUDONSVILLE — With a reputation for educating, compensating and communicating with its employees, Deloitte & Touche USA LLP took the top honors as the recipient of West Michigan’s Best of the Best Award at the 101 West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For 2006.
The audit, tax, consulting and financial services firm was recognized May 3 during a luncheon at the Pinnacle Center in Hudsonville, along with nine other “Elite” winners and scores of other companies honored on the list of Best and Brightest.
In addition to the award announcements, attendees also participated in educational sessions during the morning and received information about the cultural differences of doing business in other countries during the luncheon.
Winners in the nine Elite categories were:
- Mercantile Bank for communication.
- Beene Garter LLC for community initiatives.
- Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber for compensation and benefits.
- Sparrow Health System for diversity and multiculturalism.
- Ernst & Young LLP for employee education and development.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car for employee engagement and contentment.
- Mill Steel Corp. for recognition and retention.
- Crow Chizek and Co. LLC for recruitment and selection.
- Herman Miller Inc. for work-life balance.