Taxiway Work Begins In May

March 30, 2007
Print
Text Size:
A A

GRAND RAPIDS — The Kent County Board of Aeronautics has approved a $3.08 million contract with Kamminga & Roodvoets Inc. for reconstruction of Taxiway "J" at the GeraldR.FordInternationalAirport

The Michigan Department of Transportation recommended Kamminga & Roodvoets' bid, the lowest of eight bids received that ranged from $3.08 million to $3.92 million, said airport Facilities Engineer Kenneth Klomparens. Construction will begin in mid-May, and the taxiway will be completed in October. A temporary taxiway will handle Taxiway "J" air traffic during the reconstruction process, Klomparens said.

The board also approved a contract with MDOT that identified the project scope, cost estimates for each phase of the project and funding sources. The state is covering 90 percent of the cost of the taxiway project, and the remaining 10 percent will be covered with local funding.    

Recent Articles by Anne Bond Emrich

Editor's Picks

Comments powered by Disqus