- change ups
Business Journal names finalists for Top Women Owned Businesses event
Grand Rapids Business Journal is announcing the 35 finalists for its recognition of Top Women Owned Businesses. All 35 will be honored March 6 at a luncheon, “Top Women Owned Businesses: A Celebration of Women Entrepreneurs,” to be held at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. Guest speaker will be Grosse Pointe native Julie Aigner Clark, creator of the iconic Baby Einstein products. Clark sold the company to Disney in 2001.
The 24 finalists in the $0-$1.49 million revenue category are:
- Doreen Bolhuis, president and CEO of Gymco Inc.
- Julie Cronkright, Jade
- Kimberly L. Downey, owner of Complete Investigations
- Roxanne Dudicz, owner of Rivertown Finance
- Floriza Genautis, CEO of Management Business Solutions
- Laura Holmes and co-owner Yvonne McKessy, FineLine Creative Inc.
- Mary Kline and co-owner Amy Ritsema, Onsite Wellness
- Denise Kohler-Kolesar, president of Kohler Expos Inc.
- Bonnie Knopf, president of Intrepid Plastics Manufacturing
- Rhoda Kreuzer, president of Partners In Action Inc.
- Catherine Lazarock, president of Symplicity Communication Inc.
- Cindy Locklin, president and CEO of Busy Bea’s Services Inc.
- Julie Lough, president of Micro Visions Inc.
- Barbara Meconis, owner and CEO of Holistic Care Approach
- Elaine Meyers, president of Meyers Cleaning Service Inc.
- Sandi Frost Steensma, president of Parrish Consulting
- Denise Booms-Pepin, president of CBI Telecommunications
- Barbara Pietrangelo, financial planner with The Pietrangelo Agency
- Amy Ruis, owner and president of Art of the Table
- Natalia M. Schotte, owner and president of La Vie de la Rose Flower Essences
- Janice S. Vanderbilt, president of Vanderbilt CPA Group
- Sheila E. VanZile, owner of Watermark Insurance Services
- Ann Vidro and co-owner Menda Wright of Creative Studio Promotions
- Beverly Wall, CEO of Languages International Inc.
The seven finalists in the $1.5-$3.99 million revenue category are:
- Meg Goebel, president and owner of Paul Goebel Group
- Joyce Lovse, president and owner of Angel Care Home Care
- Peaches McCahill, president of the McCahill Group
- Jamie Mills, president of Mills Benefit Group
- Mary Reagan Shapton, Reagan Marketing + Design LLC
- Karen Scarpino, president of Green Giftz
- Ginny Seyferth, president of Seyferth Public Relations
One finalist was named in the $4-6.99 million revenue category:
- Holly Lookabaugh Deur, president of Generation Care
Three finalists were named in the $7+ million revenue category:
- Deb DeGraaf, president of DeGraaf Interiors
- Linda Vos-Graham, president of Vos Glass
- Helen Zeerip, president of Teddy’s Transport