- change ups
Association names Elite 12 among region's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
West Michigan’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For were honored Thursday by the Michigan Business & Professionals Association at an awards luncheon at the Pinnacle Center in Hudsonville.
The companies were selected based on innovative human resources initiatives, as well as their ability to implement those programs.
The selection process involves both employer and employee surveys and includes a broad set of evaluation categories: communication and shared vision, community initiatives, compensation, benefits and employee solutions, diversity and inclusion, employee achievement and recognition, employee education and development, employee enrichment, engagement and retention, recruitment, selection and orientation, strategic company performance and work-life balance.
“Every year, we look at what the marketplace is doing, and we look at how we weight and score the program, and those weights do change from year to year,” said Jennifer Kluge, MBPA president. “So, for example, strategic planning is weighted heavier than communications.”
Twelve Elite Winners were recognized for standout scores and given awards based on the category in which they performed best.
“We welcome the opportunity for these elite companies to be recognized and honored,” Kluge said. “Elite companies look beyond competitive compensation and benefits and place emphasis on communication, work-life balance, diversity, community initiatives and other key factors. It takes dedication and commitment to one’s employees to be named an Elite Winner.”
2013 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in West Michigan, Elite Winners
- MSU Federal Credit Union, East Lansing: compensation, benefits and employee solutions
- Skanska, Portage: employee enrichment, engagement and retention
- American Axle & Manufacturing, Three Rivers: employee education and development
- Mill Steel Company, Grand Rapids: recruitment, selection and orientation
- Elzinga & Volkers Construction Professionals, Holland: employee achievement and recognition
- HUMANeX Ventures, Kalamazoo: communication and shared vision
- Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP, Kalamazoo and Lansing: diversity and inclusion
- Consumers Credit Union, Kalamazoo: work-life balance
- Easter Seals of Michigan, Grand Rapids: community initiatives
- Express Employment Professionals, Grand Rapids: strategic company performance
- Andy J. Egan Company, Grand Rapids: small business Best of the Best award
- Southwest Michigan First, Kalamazoo: Best of the Best award
The full list of the Best and Brightest is online.