Lakeshore and Real Estate

Krautheim Building sold for $850,000

Fruitport structure has been mostly vacant since 2008.

July 5, 2013
Print
Text Size:
A A
Krautheim Building sold for $850,000
The Krautheim Building is named for a jeweler that went out of business after operating in the area for more than 120 years. Courtesy Signature Associates

The Krautheim Building in Fruitport Township has changed hands.

MSA Properties LLC, a Muskegon-based firm, recently bought the vacant, 15,000-square-foot office structure for $850,000 from TMT Development LLC of Grand Haven.

Jim Olsen of Signature Associates negotiated the sale, as he represented both the seller and buyer.

The two-story brick building, with a lower level, is located at 1675 Patriot Drive, just north of the Meijer store on Harvey Street and near The Lakes Mall on Sternberg Road.

The building opened in 2005 and carries the name of a longtime Muskegon retailer: A. Krautheim Jewelers. The jewelry shop went out of business in April 2008 after 121 years of operating in the area. The building has largely remained empty since the store closed.

Olsen told the Business Journal that MSA Properties will be the structure’s end user.

Signature Associates has six offices in Michigan, including Muskegon, Holland and Grand Rapids, and is allied with Cushman and Wakefield.

Recent Articles by David Czurak

Editor's Picks

Comments powered by Disqus