Architecture firm shines on national stage
Visbeen, a Grand Rapids-based custom residential and commercial architecture firm, struck gold this month at the American Institute of Building Design’s annual national convention and awards banquet.
AIBD, a national organization of mostly residential developers, awarded Visbeen 15 American Residential Design Awards, including 11 for first place. The firm’s “Georgetown” design won the Global Choice Award and the coveted Grand Prize: Best in Show.
“While we have always done very well at this contest, we’ve never won 15 at once before,” said Angela Mulder, Visbeen’s director of sales and marketing.
‘It’s an honor to be recognized nationally by our peers in residential design, and especially considering that not all the work is local to Michigan.”
The winning designs included:
- First place for 2,500 SF and under for the “Tricklebrook” design. Falcon Custom Homes was the builder and Gallery Interiors provided the interior design.
- First place for 2,501-4,000 SF for the “Laurel” design. Custom Classics of South Carolina served as the builder and interior designer, with Sam Liberti collaborating and David Weekly Homes developing the project.
- First place for 4,001 SF and above for the “Sturbridge” design.
- First place for a conceptual design of 2,500 SF and under for “Driftwood.”
- First place for a conceptual design of 2,501-4,000 SF for “Whinton.”
- Second place for a nonresidential conceptual design for “Celebration Square.”
- First place for a model home 2,500 SF and under for the “Sheridan” design, which was built by Mike Schaap Builders with interior design from Benchmark Wood Studio.
- First place for a model home 1,501-4,000 SF for the “Emmett” design, with Schaap and Benchmark contributing to that project too.
- First place for a model home 4,001 SF and above for the “Harvey” design. The home was built by Falcon Custom Homes with interior design by Gallery Interiors.
- First place for a custom luxury home 3,000 SF or less for the “Breezy Point” design, built by Jorndt Builders LLC.
- Second place for a custom luxury home 3,001-4,000 SF for the “Allenwood” design, built by Ashby Builders with interior design by Francesca Owings.
- First place for a custom luxury home 6,501 SF and above for the “Heartsworth” design, built by Infiniti Custom Homes with interior design from Lauren Greiner of Klingmans Design Studio.