Gas leak prompts evacuation at college
Officials said a landscaping crew nicked a gas line at a college in the region, prompting an evacuation at the school's health center.
Western Michigan University spokesperson Cheryl Roland said the crew was doing excavation work this morning when the leak occurred.
WWMT TV reports several students at the school in Kalamazoo had reported the smell associated with natural gas.
The Kalamazoo Gazette reports the leak was stopped, and people were allowed back inside. No injuries were reported.
Roland said the gas leak prompted a campus alert, and appointments at the health center were canceled until mid morning.