Colleges rank among 'safest' in Michigan
Three local schools top a ranking of the safest colleges in the state.
BackgroundChecks.org, which says it's a “public service to individuals,” said this week it has posted its 2016 ranking of “The Safest Colleges in Michigan.”
The 31-school ranking is based on data from FBI crime reports, Department of Education statistics, student surveys, social media analysis and independent research, according to the site.
The website features state-specific links to public information resources and directs users to sponsor websites for search results on people.
Top 10 and West Michigan schools
1. Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids
2. Davenport University, Grand Rapids
3. Calvin College, Grand Rapids
4. University of Michigan, Dearborn
5. Madonna University, Livonia
6. Michigan Technological University, Houghton
7. Lake Superior State University, Sault Ste. Marie
8. Oakland University, Rochester Hills
9. Lawrence Technological University, Southfield
10. University of Michigan, Flint
11. Grace Bible College, Wyoming
15. Aquinas College, Grand Rapids
17. Hope College, Holland
27. Ferris State University, Big Rapids