- people on the move
Zondervan Wins Big At CBA Awards
GRAND RAPIDS — The 2003 Christian Booksellers Association (CBA) International Convention recently honored Zondervan Publishing House.
CBS said the awards recognized the publishing company for its commitment to serve the Christian retail industry with exceptional products and servicest.
Zondervan was honored with 32 awards for various products and services from CBA and the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA), which held its 26th annual Gold Medallion Awards banquet recently in Orlando.
The publisher received top awards in 14 categories as well as 18 ECPA Silver Medallion awards.
Its three 2003 ECPA Gold Medallion Awards represented the most for any publisher, bringing Zondervan’s total to an industry leading 76. Zondervan has also won four of the last seven ECPA Charles “kip” Jordan Christian Book of the Year Awards.
“We always strive to produce products that are editorially excellent and to provide the best service in the industry,” said Bruce Ryskamp, president and CEO of Zondervan.
“These awards are a testament to the hard work of our employees and to the great authors and partners we are blessed to work with. Zondervan is dedicated to living its mission of being the leading Christian communications company, meeting the needs of people with resources that glorify Jesus Christ and promote biblical principles.”
Zondervan’s awards include:
- ECPA Charles “Kip” Jordan Christian Book of the Year Award for The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.
- ECPA Gold Medallion Award in Reference works/commentaries for Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, Clinton E. Arnold, editor.
- ECPA Gold Medallion Award in Christian Living for Authentic Faith: The Power of a Fire Tested Life by Gary L. Thomas.
- ECPA Gold Medallion Award in Christian Education for When God Weeps Groupware by Joni Eareckson Tada.
- ECPA Lifetime Achievement Award for Joni Eareckson Tada.
- CBA Impact Awards for Supplier Impact Awards in supplier of the year, product quality and sales and marketing.
- CBA Impact Awards for Supplier Promotion Awards in Countertop point of sale for Inspirio’s “Bear Hugs” series display.
- CBA Impact Awards for exhibitor awards in best visual presentation for over seven booths.
- Retailer’s Choice Awards for Christian Living for the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.
Logos Bookstore Awards for vendor of the year, author of the year: Rick Warren and best book in Christian Living: The Purpose Driven Life.