- people on the move
- Click here for COVID-19 updates
Festival of the Arts 2013 spills over downtown
The 44th annual Festival of the Arts celebration will take over downtown Grand Rapids this weekend for three days of art, food and music.
The popular festival, which always takes place the first full weekend of June, is one of the longest-running festivals in the state.
Festival of the Arts draws thousands of visitors to downtown each summer.
The Festival is from noon to 10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
2013 Festival of the Arts highlights
- Six indoor or outdoor stages with music of all types, plus dance and theatre, poetry, films, storytelling and "lots" of art activities
- Dozens of food booths operated by local nonprofit organizations, as well as the opportunity to try ethnic specialties.
- The Festival Regional Art Exhibition, which is a juried show, featuring the works of West Michigan’s top artists
- The Youth Art Exhibit displaying artwork from students of all ages
- Activities and performances geared for all ages, including the opportunity to make your own art