Downtown Grand Rapids hotels rate among 'Top 10' in Midwest
Condé Nast Traveler asked its readers to rate the “top hotels” in the Midwest — and two of their regional favorites are landmarks in downtown Grand Rapids.
The Amway Grand Plaza ranks No. 6, and the JW Marriott ranks No. 10.
Condé Nast Traveler’s Midwest ranking covers hotels in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
One Condé Nast reviewer of the Amway Grand Plaza writes that the hotel offers “warm, friendly, helpful attitudes with a great facility,” making for a "wonderful" stay.
JW Marriott reviewers like the hotel’s riverside location and its ultra modern, classy ambiance.
"Top 10 Hotels in the Midwest"
1. 21C Museum Hotel, Cincinnati
2. Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand, Minneapolis
3. Iron Horse Hotel, Milwaukee
4. Carriage House at the American Club, Kohler, Wis.
5. The Raphael, Kansas City, Mo.
6. Amway Grand Plaza, Grand Rapids
7. Four Seasons Hotel, St. Louis
8. West Baden Springs Hotel, West Baden Springs, Ind.
9. Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
10. JW Marriott, Grand Rapids
Source: Condé Nast Traveler, 2013