- people on the move
- Click here for COVID-19 updates
Retailer donating up to $500K through toy sales
A local retailer is donating a portion of its toy sales, up to $500,000, to charities.
Walker-based Meijer said the campaign will run through the end of this month.
“Meijer wants to help make the holidays happier for hundreds of children, because every child deserves to experience the joy of unwrapping a toy," said Dan Myers, divisional merchandise manager of toys, Meijer. “Our ultimate goal this holiday season is to help our customers save money, while still enjoying the tradition of gift giving, whether those gifts are for loved ones or for children in their community who might otherwise go without.”
Myers said about 50 percent of Meijer’s toy business comes during the holiday season.
Meijer also made a list of the season’s top 10 toys.
1. Build-a-Bear Stuff Me Station
2. Peppa Pig’s Deluxe House
3. Paw Patrol Zooming Marshall
6. Furreal Friends Torch My Blazin’ Dragon
7. Syma Sky Thunder Drone D550W
8. Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash Playset
9. Nerf Modulus Tri Strike Blaster
10. Pie Face Showdown