Health Care, Law, and Travel & Tourism

Child dies after hotel visit

April 4, 2017
| By AP |
Text Size:

One child has died and about a dozen other people have been sickened following a possible carbon monoxide leak at a hotel in the region.

WNDU TV and WSBT TV report that officials at Lakeland Hospital in Niles, north of the Indiana state line, confirmed the child's death Saturday. No other details about the child were released.

Quality Inn & Suites employees called 911 about 10 a.m. after seeing six unresponsive children on the pool deck.

Niles Fire Capt. Don Wise said a high level of carbon monoxide was detected in the pool area and lower levels were found in other parts of the hotel.

Three police officers and two hotel employees were also hospitalized.

The hotel has been closed as officials try to find the source of the leak.

Recent Articles by AP

Editor's Picks

Comments powered by Disqus