- people on the move
Retailer, health system brand their own OTC meds
West Michigan’s two largest employers are teaming up.
Grand Rapids-based health group Spectrum Health and retailer Meijer Inc. are collaborating to launch a line of co-branded over-the-counter products, the companies announced Monday. The product line will include 22 common over-the-counter products at 23 Meijer stores throughout a 13-county footprint.
“This collaboration enables Spectrum Health to meet consumers where they are on their health and wellness journey,” said Roger Jansen, Spectrum chief strategy officer and senior vice president. “Offering quality products in concert with Meijer enables us to help individuals stay healthy and well in their daily lives.”
The product line includes allergy and pain relief medications, vitamins and supplements, and antibiotic ointments.
The full list of co-branded products includes:
- Allergy Relief Loratadine, 30 tablets
- Allergy Relief 24 Hour Cetirizine, 30 tablets
- Allergy Relief Children’s Diphenhydramine, Cherry, 4 FL OZ
- Allergy Relief Antihistamine Diphenhydramine, 100 tablets
- Acid Reducer Omeprazole, 3 bottles with 14 tablets each, 42 total tablets
- Laxative Clear Lax, 17.9 oz. powder
- Triple Antibiotic Ointment, 0.5 oz.
- Pain Relief Ibuprofen 200MG, 2 bottles with 100 tablets each, 200 total
- Pain Relief Acetaminophen 500MG, 2 bottles with 100 tablets each, 200 total
- Pain Relief Naproxen Sodium 220 MG, 100 caplets
- Pain Relief Children’s Acetaminophen, Grape, 4 FL OZ
- Pain Relief Children’s Ibuprofen 100MG, Berry, 4 FL OZ
- Pain Relief Aspirin Low Dose Enteric Coated Tablet 81 MG, 2 bottles with 120 tablets each, 240 total tablets
- Adult Multi Vitamin Gummy, Assorted Flavors, 150 count
- Calcium Supplement 600 MG with Vitamin D3, 300 tablets
- Adult Women’s Multi Vitamin One Daily Tablet, 100 tablets
- Adult Men’s Multi Vitamin One Daily Tablet, 100 tablets
- Sleep Support Melatonin 5MG, 120 tablets
- Children’s Multi Vitamin Animal Shape Chewable, 60 tablets
- Glucosamine Chondroitin Complex Supplement with Vitamin D, 80 caplets
- Fish Oil Natural Supplement 1200 MG, 200 softgels
- Vitamin D3 2000IU, 100 softgels
Profits will be split between Meijer and Spectrum, with Spectrum’s portion benefitting the health group’s Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.