Brewery named national Small Brewpub of the Year
A local brewery recently earned a national honor at a beer festival in Denver.
Rockford Brewing Company won the 2017 Small Brewpub and Brewermaster of the Year award at the Great American Beer Festival this week.
Rockford Brewing also won a silver medal for its Sheehan’s Stout and a bronze medal for its Rogue River Brown.
Several other breweries in West Michigan won awards at the festival:
- Silver Harbor Brewing Co., Saint Joseph, gold medal for Shipfaced
- Cranker’s Brewery, Big Rapids, gold medal for Aphrodisiac Chocolate Pomegranate Imperial Stout
- Perrin Brewing Co., Comstock Park, bronze medal for Passionfruit Gose
- New Holland Brewing, Holland, bronze medal for Pilgrim’s Dole
- Odd Side Ales, Grand Haven, gold medal for Barrel Aged Sweet Potato Soufflé Rye and silver medal for Rye Hipster Brunch Stout
Great American Beer Festival
Held every year in Denver, the Great American Beer Festival draws American breweries to be judged by industry professionals from around the world.
Five three-hour long judging sessions take place over the three-day period.
Judges award a gold, silver and bronze for each style of beer entered in the competition.