Partners hosting Machine Vision & Robotics Summit
A pair of partners are hosting a day-long series of free seminars tomorrow on automation technologies.
Zeeland-based Industrial Control, a supplier of factory automation components, and the Grand Rapids-based Advanced Manufacturing Expo, will host the Machine Vision & Robotics Summit on the technology behind advanced manufacturing from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“These seminars quickly give attendees good insight into how proactive manufacturers in the Midwest are using factory automation and disruptive technology to improve their businesses,” said Mark Ermatinger, VP at Industrial Control, and founder of the Advanced Manufacturing Expo.
The event will be at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, at 5700 28th St. SE, and feature six seminars presented by manufacturing experts, each on a different topic.
Free pizza will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Seating for each seminar is limited to about 20 people per classroom. People can register in advance online.
Those who do not register can attend on a first-come, first-served basis as space allows.
Seminars at the event
- Self-driving mobile industrial robots that deliver parts throughout the factory floor 24/7
- Collaborative robots and how to program them using smartphones or tablets
- 6-D machine-vision-guided solutions that are used to pick parts off racks
- 3-D machine-vision-guided solutions to pick loose parts from bins
- 3-D machine-vision, large-part scanning to compare physical parts with their CAD files
- 2-D sorting solutions that recognize thousands of parts in milliseconds without barcodes
Throughout the day, 15-plus vendors with experts on hand will have exhibits in the atrium, including Mecademic, Nachi, IAI, Asyril, Husky Rack & Wire, SmartVisionLights, LMI Technologies, Spectrum Illumination, Opto Engineering, QC Industries and others.