Downtown brewery throwing rooftop b'day party
A local brewery is celebrating its first birthday with special releases and a rooftop party this weekend.
City Built Brewing Company in Grand Rapids, at 820 Monroe Ave. NW, will celebrate its one-year anniversary on Saturday from 1-11 p.m.
Saturday will feature an exclusive rooftop party. Tickets are available for two sessions offering 10 specialty beers and a Thai-Puerto Rican pig roast.
The rooftop party will also feature live music from La Fuira Del Ritmo.
Tickets are still available for the afternoon session, from 1-4 p.m., and the twilight session, from 5-8 p.m. The evening session is sold out.
No tickets are needed for guests wishing to visit the City Built taproom.
All specialty beers will be available on tap at timed releases. Bottled releases of Diamond of the Forest, a barrel-aged version of City Built’s Chaga Khan stout, will be available at 11 a.m. and limited to one per person.
Rooftop party-goers will have access to all specialty beers without the wait.
The draft release schedule:
- Noon – Lord of Light, double Melisandre red IPA
- 1 p.m. – Fuzzy Pink Unicorns Nitro, strawberry imperial pale ale
- 2 p.m. – Coquito Imperial Puerto Rican Stout
- 3 p.m. – Monroe Guava Weisse
- 4 p.m. – Lebanese Imperial Baklava Stout
- 5 p.m. – Monroe Mango Weisse
- 6 p.m. – Mole Imperial Stout
- 7 p.m. – Monroe Pineapple Weisse
- 8 p.m. – Velvet Hammer Imperial Stout
People can purchase tickets online.