West Michigan hospitals rank among ‘best’ in state
Several West Michigan hospitals have been ranked among the "best" in the state.
The U.S. News & World Report released its 2019-20 “Best Hospitals” national rankings and ratings.
U.S. News evaluated 164 hospitals in Michigan, none of which ranked among the best overall in the nation, though Spectrum Health’s Butterworth and Blodgett campuses did rank nationally in several specialties.
Hospitals were ranked based on how they performed in 16 specialties according to data and surveys.
Top 16 ‘best hospitals’ in Michigan
1. University of Michigan Hospitals-Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor
2. Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
3. Beaumont Hospital, Troy
4. Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
5. Spectrum Health, Butterworth and Blodgett campuses, Grand Rapids, East Grand Rapids
6. DMC Harper University Hospital, Detroit
7. Munson Medical Center, Traverse City
8. Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo
8. Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit
8. St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital, Ypsilanti
11. Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield
12. McLaren Northern Michigan Hospital, Petoskey
13. Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
13. Lakeland Medical Center, St. Joseph
13. McLaren Flint Hospital
13. Mercy Health Saint Mary's, Grand Rapids